The LeRoy State Bank – Shelf Sitter

$18.00

Description

On the back:

The LeRoy State Bank

(Old Bank)

On January 15, 1924, about 800 concerned citizens met for a public meeting to discuss a replacement for the J. Keenan Bank that had been closed 5 days prior. The bank needed 750 shares subscribed to start and by noon the next day the bank had reached 900 shares. By the next week, the bank located at 201 East Center Street in LeRoy, IL was ready to open. It survived the stock market crash that closed many banks across the country including the First National Bank of LeRoy. The clock was a landmark for the community. On November 20, 1976, the bank opened in a new location. The former LeRoy State Bank is now the home of the Old Bank – a restaurant and bar owned by Epiphany Farms

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “The LeRoy State Bank – Shelf Sitter”